Dr. Chris has been a member of the Staten Island community for almost his entire life. He was raised here, went to Monsignor Farrell High School and attended Wagner College, and completed his residency at Staten Island University Hospital. When Dr. Chris was six-years old, his father, Dr. Alexander Bernardini, graduated from New York University’s College of Dentistry and began the practice. At a young age, Dr. Chris was already helping at his father’s office, doing everything from sweeping up to developing the X-rays of his father’s patients. When it was time to choose a career, Dr. Chris already knew how much his father enjoyed being a dentist and joining his father was the obvious choice. Dr. Chris brings the same level of care and comfort to our patients as his father did, and provides complete health dentistry to everyone who walks through our door.
2012 marked our 60th year of providing exceptional dental care. Dr. Chris and Dr. Alex have worked with four generations of families to bring optimal oral health to Staten Island and the surrounding areas. Many of the patients who have been with us for years will remember Dr. Alex’s voice and the way he always sang while working. While Dr. Chris may not sing in quite the same way, our patients enjoy his frank, accessible, and down-to-earth nature, and are comfortable talking to him about almost anything.
Dr. Chris graduated from Wagner College in 1978 and from NYU’s College of Dentistry in 1982. He completed a one-year dental residency at Staten Island University Hospital and regularly attends continuing education courses to stay abreast of the newest techniques.
- Next Level Practice
- MetLife Dental Advisory Council
- Richmond County Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Staten Island Museum Board of Trusties
- Old Town Civic Association
- South Shore Study Club
- Donated Dental Services NYC
Some of Dr. Chris’s Recent Accomplishments:
- Completed 160 credit hours of Implant Seminars Master Series implant course (2008/2009)
- Completed 20 credit hours of hands-on Implant Placement and Bone Management with Implant Seminars (2008)
- Completed 160 credit hours of Implant Dentistry Continuum at NYU (2007)
- Completed Invisalign certification course (2006)
Some of Dr. Chris’s General Accomplishments:
- Completed over 1000 credit hours in cosmetic dentistry courses (1982 – present)
- On staff at Staten Island University Hospital (1982 – 1987)