Given the seriousness of oral cancer and the importance of spotting the disease quickly, schedule oral cancer screenings regularly. Each year in America, tens of thousands of individuals are diagnosed with the disease, and as with other cancers, early detection is often crucial to ensure a chance at a healthy recovery. If you think you have oral cancer, check for these symptoms:
– Other changes within your smile can include drastic weight loss, changes in your teeth’s alignment, and issues when speaking or eating.
– Constant sore throats and pains in the back of your throat could be signs of something more severe, including signs of oral cancer.
– Sometimes, wounds that do not heal quickly in your head and face could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Look for visible signs of damage, including irregular or abnormal colored and speckled patches, bumps and lumps, and eroded areas with your gums.
– Bleeding from your mouth often could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Loss of numbness or unusual pains within the facial area may be a sign of an underlying disorder.
For any additional questions or concerns about oral cancer screenings, Christopher Bernardini is here to help you with all of your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Christopher Bernardini and our team at our dentist office in Staten Island, New York, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 718-987-4040. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!